Vieng Lao Asian Market in NE Portland

I had been debating over whether or not to get internet at my house for months, if not years. Finally last week I did it. One reason I caved in was so that I could start this blog. Another reason was to potentially save myself money by making my life easier.
Today I put this idea into action. I have been meaning to go out to Uwajimaya in Beaverton for some time. They have a great selection of gluten-free flours that you can't always find in regular grocery stores - even New Seasons. I wanted to find something a little closer to home, and the internet got me part way there.

After some confusion over the address (which was posted wrong) I found Vieng Lao Oriental Market at 1032 N. Killingsworth. It's nothing on the scale of Uwajimaya, but they have some fresh produce, rice noodles, rice flour, tapioca starch, and potato starch for a reasonable price. I've been driving past this place on my way home from work every day and it took me getting internet installed to find it! It probably would have been less expensive to just pay attention, but that would have been too much work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten-free Sourdough Discard Bread

Mild Country White Sourdough Bread

Homemade Classic White Sandwich Bread