Community Garden

My new community garden plot is coming along.  The plants themselves aren't that big this year, but they are bearing fruit. 
I grew kohlrabi from seeds this year.  The leaves are really beautiful.

My eggplant is flowering but not bearing fruit.  In previous years  I've had to pollinate the flowers by hand.  Now it might be too late.  The plants are still really small.
Next year I'll make deeper beds and use more compost and topsoil.  This garden was a parking lot last year so it's amazing to have anything here at all!

Comments

l'actrice said…
It's such a satisfaction if something planted just grows:-)
Rebecca said…
I'll bet the eggplants will pull through. Mine looked just like that a week or two ago.

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten-free Sourdough Discard Bread

Mild Country White Sourdough Bread

Homemade Classic White Sandwich Bread