"Stay at Home" Recipes for a Global Pandemic

Hello Friends,

It has been a long time since I posted a recipe.  Well, here in Oregon we are under a "Stay at Home" order due to the COVID-19 crisis, and I am diligently staying at home.  I haven't gone to a restaurant or gotten delivery in weeks, and that means I'm cooking.

Below are some of the recipes I've been revisiting during the Stay at Home order.  Then, up next, I will post a few new recipes that I've been throwing in the mix to have some healthy vegetarian Mediterranean meals, including falafel, hummus, and tzatziki.

First, my fun project.  I made some Pain au Chocolate and finally got some good crumb shots!  I used the Quicker, Easier Method for the croissant dough.


I have some of the pastry dough saved to possibly make Chicken Pot Pie one night.  Chicken is a staple around here during the best of times, so it's also a great staple during a global pandemic.  I've been thinking up ways to make it a different meal each time, so followed a recipe from my new favorite YouTube channel, De Mi Rancho at tu Cocina:



I substituted miner's lettuce from my garden for the purslane she used in the original recipe.  And of course I made corn tortillas since my local grocery stores are now rationing tortillas!  Thankfully I bought a big bag of masa harina.  But if you want gluten-free flour tortillas to have it more Michoacan style like in the video, check out this recipe.

Miner's Lettuce
Over the weekend I made Tandoori Chicken and served it with my gluten-free Naan recipe.

Tonight I'm making enchiladas with the leftover sauce from the Chile Rojo chicken dish above that I'll probably doctor a bit to make it more enchilada-like.  I'll have to post the recipe!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten-free Sourdough Discard Bread

Mild Country White Sourdough Bread

Homemade Classic White Sandwich Bread