Easy Waffles: a Gluten-Free Dairy-Free Recipe

Waffles are easy.  Or, they can be.  My Gluten-free Corn Waffle Recipe and my Buckwheat Waffles Recipe take a little time and care.   That's why I decided to make a quick and easy basic waffle recipe that's not only gluten-free, but also dairy-free.  And of course it's delicious.
For the liquid I used my favorite dairy substitute: coconut milk.  I wrote about the beauty of coconut cream in my last post and in my Gluten-free Vegan Scone Recipe.


Easy Gluten-free Dairy-free Waffles

Makes about 4 Belgian-style waffles.

Mix in a medium bowl:

1 cup white rice flour
2 Tbsp sorghum flour
1 Tbsp tapioca flour
1 Tbsp potato flour
2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder

Heat your waffle iron.
In another medium bowl, beat thoroughly:

2 eggs

Add:

1 1/2 cup coconut milk
2 Tbsp canola oil
1/2 tsp vanilla

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.  When the waffle iron is hot, lightly spray it with oil and spoon or pour a serving of batter onto the iron and cook until the waffle starts releasing less steam.  Serve hot.
Have an easy wheat-free waffle recipe of your own?  Make a link below or leave it in the comments.  I'd love to see your best recipes.

Comments

Yes! These look great. Thanks for posting such an easy and delicious looking gluten free waffle recipe. Can't wait to add it to my breakfast arsenal!
Katie said…
French Meadow Bakery is having a Gluten-free recipe contest And I thought you and your readers might be interested! The winner gets French Meadow Gluten-free products for year, plus a gift card!

http://www.frenchmeadow.com/submit-recipe
Nadya said…
I love waffles! I use coconut & olive oil exclusively these days - that's about the only change I'd make - mmmm ;)
Most of my coconut milk goes becomes kefir - which is also yummy, & good in recipes like this (tho you don't get the probiotic bennies - it still TASTES good :)
I wish my waffle iron hadn't broken. It has been a few years and I kind of managed to do without it but I bet my hubby would love waffles again.
Gina said…
Thanks for the great comments on my easy gluten-free dairy free waffles recipe everyone!

Dia - I didn't know you could make kefir from coconut milk. That sounds delicious! I'll have to check it out.
Gluten Prude said…
Oh, man, I have to try these waffles! This looks like the best recipe. It seems very easy! Thanks for the GF DF recipe!
Linda said…
Gina, it's nice to have you back! I haven't yet tried making my waffles dairy-free, but I'm so glad to know it can be done. Yours look great.
Jilly said…
This is fantastic my precious daughter can't eat wheat so it's hard to make her fun food!! However now I can make her waffles she is going to love it!
Thank you!
Gina said…
Jilly, My mom just made these for a group of allergy-prone friends this weekend and they loved them! She said the only problem was that they all wanted more and she ran out due to high demand. I hope you like them!
I'm wondering if egg replacer would work w/this recipe.
How do I cop these recipes w/out copying whole pg?(to much ink)
Gina said…
Lorraine - I haven't tried anything with egg replacer yet. Let me know what your favorite one is and I'll try it!
Albert H. said…
Awesome recipe, my family loved them! Thank you.
Gina said…
Albert, I'm glad you enjoyed them! My mom makes these waffles for a group of her friends and they love them. None of them are even gluten-free or even lactose intolerant, but they keep requesting these waffles.
Unknown said…
I just finished one for dinner and it was amazing! I turned it into a chocolate waffle by adding 3 tbsp cocoa powder and an additional tbsp of oil. Added that to a half recipie and if perfectly filled my 4 square waffle iron...blissed out!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten-free Sourdough Discard Bread

Mild Country White Sourdough Bread

Homemade Classic White Sandwich Bread