Last-minute Holiday Gift Ideas


Do you have a gluten-free person on your Christmas list?  Here are a few ideas on what to give them - or any foodie on your list - for the holidays:

At the Book Store


I always like Joy of Cooking.  It's an invaluable reference for every kind of thing you can imagine cooking.  Many of the recipes in this blog are adapted from recipes in this book.

I also love The Penguin Companion to Food.  It's a great reference for food nerds.  Do you want to know how pectin works?  Do you love terms like polysaccharide chain?  This is the book for you.










Gluten-free Girl Every Day.  If you don't already have it, get it for yourself or a loved one!  It's available here in Portland at Powell's, among other places online.  It's a useful recipe book to have.




At the Kitchen Store

For my Portland readers I highly recommend Kitchen Kaboodle.  They have a great selection, helpful staff, and they sell everything in their stores at 10% off MSRP.

These magnetic measuring spoons are the best!  Have you ever gone through a recipe and tried to measure out the sugar after you used the spoon for a liquid?  Then the sugar sticks to the spoon?  That drives me crazy!  This set has a side for the liquids and a side for the dry ingredients so you don't get the sugar stickies.





This year I have been loving my silicone spatulas.  They are perfect for managing sticky doughs.  This Le Creuset set would make an awesome gift.






Pullman Loaf Pan.  This style of bread pan is ideal for making Gluten-free sandwich loaves because it gives you bigger slices.  My dad gave me one for Christmas two years ago and I've gotten a lot of use out of it.  I created my Teff Sandwich Bread recipe in it.

Want to get something memorable and impressive?  Try this Chantal Copper tea kettle.  It's a timeless classic.









Do you want something even more memorable?  This is the best present I've ever gotten:

I also loved this griddle:


And I always covet enameled cast iron pans like these:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten-free Sourdough Discard Bread

Mild Country White Sourdough Bread

Homemade Classic White Sandwich Bread