Quick Buckwheat Waffles: Gluten-free



Strawberries are in season here in Oregon right now, and they are amazing on waffles.  This recipe for gluten-free buckwheat waffles is quick, easy, and of course delicious.

Quick Buckwheat Waffles Recipe

Blend together in a medium bowl:

1/2 cup buckwheat flour
1/2 cup white rice flour
2 Tbsp sorghum flour
1 Tbsp tapioca flour
1 Tbsp potato flour
3 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder



In another medium bowl, beat thoroughly:

2 large eggs

Add:


1 1/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted


Mix well, then add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and blend thoroughly.  Cook in a waffle iron.  Buckwheat waffles benefit from a slightly higher heat setting than other waffles.  Makes about four waffles.

If you liked this recipe, you might also like:

Easy Waffles: a Gluten-free Dairy-free Recipe
Gluten-free Buckwheat Pancakes
Gluten-free Buckwheat Waffle Recipe
Gluten-free Corn Waffle Recipe
Gluten-free Buckwheat Pancakes 




Do you want deep-pocket waffles like these?  I use this Waring Belgian Waffle Maker and I love it.

Comments

l'actrice said…
That's such a great recipe. I have to try this out! Can't wait:-)
I'm curious - no oil or shortening? I thought waffles always needed them. But maybe not? Yours look terrific!
Gina said…
Iris - Thanks! I hope you like the waffles!

Ellen - I used butter instead of oil or shortening on this one, but you can easily substitute that out for a dairy-free fat if you would like. Thanks for the compliments!
Gluten Prude said…
These are the best gluten-free waffles! I love buckwheat, so I had to try this recipe. They were delicious! Thanks!
Gina said…
Sophie - I'm glad to hear that the gluten-free diet is helping you! That's great to get results within a few weeks. I lost weight when I first went on the diet but then I gained it back once I figured out new snack foods ;)

Let me know if you try making the buckwheat waffles recipe, and thanks for the comment!
Linda said…
I love buckwheat pancakes. I don't know why I never thought to put it in waffles. Yours look fabulous.
Anonymous said…
Made these today - just finished my plate, actually. I have other allergies, so I substituted the eggs (2TBS flax meal + 6TBS water, simmered), the butter (organic butter flavored vegetable shortening), the milk (equal amounts of So Delicious Brand Original flavor coconut milk coffee creamer and rice milk), potato flour (sweet potato flour - from barryfarms.com) and sugar (used brown sugar - it's all I had in the house). Topped with real maple syrup and fresh sliced strawberries. OMG!!! Tastes like the real thing! However, I only got 3 waffles out of it instead of 4 - but who cares! They're so good!! Thank you so much for posting this recipe! I haven't had real, homemade waffles in years because of my allergies! Thanks again!!
Gina said…
I'm going to eat these today too! I'm really glad you liked them. The substitutions you made sound pretty good. In fact, they sound a lot like my dairy-free waffle recipe. I haven't tried the flax substitute for eggs yet. I'll have to check that out. Thanks for the comment!
Amy (Minnesota) said…
Thanks for the recipe! I, like others, made a couple substitutions (eggs & Bob's Redmill All Purpose Flour) but the end result was the best I've tried. And I think they'd pass the "kid test" too and that's important in our house. =)

Popular posts from this blog

Gluten-free Sourdough Discard Bread

Mild Country White Sourdough Bread

Homemade Classic White Sandwich Bread